Who is the Parents’ Forum for?
The Parents’ Forum is a friendly, welcoming group open to all parents and carers of children that attend morning star nursery.
What is the role of the Parents’ Forum?
The role of the Parents’ Forum is to…
- Tell us what you think about our groups and services.
- Help us to improve – what needs to change?
- Develop ideas for new activities or projects.
- Help to organise events.
- Run workshops.
- Involve other parents and carers by consulting them and keeping them informed of new developments.
- Help us to reach new families through outreach and being an ambassador for children’s centre services
Can I help organize the parent’s forum meetings?
Yes, here are the main roles within the Parents’ Forum:
- Liase with the nursery team and managers to share ideas from the parent forum
- Bring together parents and carers for a meeting every term to meet and discuss any relevant issues.
- Develop an agenda for each meeting (working with the Nursery Manager and the Secretary of the Parents’ Forum).
- Encourage everyone who attends the meetings to take part, contribute to discussions and get involved.
- Facilitate discussions and manage dynamics to ensure everyone has the opportunity to speak and be heard.
- Liaise with the nursery team and managers to share ideas from the parent forum.
- Produce the agenda (working with the Chair) and email it to members of the Parents’ Forum before the meeting. Print out copies and bring to meeting.
- Take minutes of the meetings, type them up, share with the Manager and email to members of the Forum. Print out copies and bring to meeting.
Dates of the next Parents’ Forum meetings:
Monday 21st March 22
Monday 16th May 22
Monday 27th June 22
Time: The meeting is from 1.30pm to 2.30pm (Lansdowne Road)